Did your home care agency go through setbacks due to the pandemic? COVID put the world on lockdown with a heavy impact on Home Health Care Agencies (HHCA). HHCAs not only faced financial hardships, but additional challenges protecting and retaining caregivers and patients.
Many HHCAs have made a strong comeback and amplified their presence. We’ll discuss how it’s also possible for your HHCA to continue growing post-pandemic.
How COVID Affected HHCAs?
Home Health care agencies were dealt a tough blow during the pandemic in several areas:
- Many states did not recognize home care workers as “essential workers,” delaying their access to personal protective equipment, or testing.
- The spread of COVID and its effect on life expectancy worsened the situation.
- The struggle to maintain finances caused many to cut back on staff pay rates.
- Caregiver recruitment was at a low point, and patients felt uneasy accepting caregivers in their homes.
How Home Health Agencies made a comeback after the pandemic
HHCAs have been prioritizing certain aspects of the industry to get a stronghold on building their business back up, including:
- Ensuring easier access to caregivers
- Improving delivery of health care
- Increasing pay rates for caregivers
- Accommodating the needs of patients
- Taking on technological advancements to streamline administrative aspects of services
- Striving diligently to improve customer satisfaction
Maximizing Tech to Grow Your HHCA
One of the hottest trends home care agencies have been able to accelerate is technology engineered to handle the administrative side of the business. In particular home health care software that overcomes key pain points has boosted the way agencies operate:
- Electronic documentation with signature fraud protection
- Paperless Timesheets
- Automated billing that gets faster payments
- Preventing insurance delays and denials
- Scheduling that accommodates the needs of agencies
- Communication channel to stay connected with clients via text
How to Simplify Documentation and Timesheets
Manual documentation and paper timesheets are time-consumers that can be better replaced with a solution that saves time, money, and boosts reputation. Electronic documentation and paperless timesheets have proven to be the most effective ways to empower caregivers, allowing them better quality time for patient care instead of administrative tasks.
Electronic documentation and paperless timesheets provide the following benefits:
- 35% reduction in documentation time
- Convenient access to all client data
- Forms can be emailed to clients
- Built-in E-Signature Verification
- Compatible with any device from any location
Searching for the most effective solution to reduce claim delays and denials? Automated billing aims to achieve just that, along with improving accuracy and speed of billing and reimbursements.
Automated billing will help your agency with the following:
- Batch Billing to save time
- No more manual data entry errors
- Accurate claim submissions for better acceptance
A Scheduling Solution that Accommodates busy Agencies
Scheduling can get chaotic if done manually. Finding a solution that takes the headache out of scheduling makes the day flow more smoothly. Scheduling Software improves your operations in the following ways:
- Easily schedule clients with different Caregivers
- Customizable to accommodate your busy day
- Reminder alerts for Caregiver Visits
- No more overlapping of schedules
Staying Connected with Clients on their terms
Clients want a solid communication channel with caregivers and agencies. Text4care offers the perfect messaging solution catered for home health agencies with the following benefits:
- Bulk text messaging
- Tailored for busy agencies
- Keeps caregivers, staff, and clients better connected
Home care agencies after the pandemic have made a strong comeback by prioritizing access to caregivers, improving delivery of care, increasing pay rates for staff, accommodating the needs of patients, and taking on advanced software to streamline services.
You can maximize your agency’s growth by becoming patient-centered and adopting software that simplifies processes for patients and staff.
Caretap software has transformed over 15,000 agencies, providing the perfect solution to an ultimate comeback. Find out how Caretap can help your agency.